The new VT is here!
VoiceThreading is now faster, more intuitive, and easier to integrate. The video below outlines just a few of the many enhancements and new features available.
Making the switch
If you have a VoiceThread license, you can decide exactly when all of your members switch to the new VT. Just follow these steps:
- Sign into your VoiceThread Manager.
- Click on the "Settings" tab.
- Under the "Version of VoiceThread" section, toggle to New VoiceThread.
- Click "Save Settings",
As soon as you've made this change, all of your members will see the new VT the next time they access their accounts.
If you have an individual account that is not associated with a license, follow these steps to move your own account to the new VT:
- Sign into VoiceThread.
- Click on your email address in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select "My Account" from the menu.
- Click on the "Notifications" tab.
- Scroll down to the new "Version of VoiceThread" section, and select New VoiceThread from the menu. This change will save automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Our school integrates with VoiceThread (GAFE, LTI, LDAP, Shibboleth, CAS); is there anything we need to do on our end to make sure our users can authenticate and access their accounts without any trouble?
When you upgrade your organization, the new VoiceThread will work seamlessly no matter how it is integrated.
Note: If you have embedded VoiceThreads in the past, you will need to re-embed them using the new embed code after you update.
- Will the new version work in all the major web browsers?
Yes, the new VoiceThread works well in all modern web browsers.
- Is there support documentation available for the new features?
Find full documentation of the new VoiceThread at http://docs.voicethread.com.
- How can I test the new VoiceThread before upgrading?
Just click this link to use the new VoiceThread before you actually upgrade your entire organization.
- Can my organization to back to using the old VoiceThread?
We don't recommend reverting once you have upgraded, but if you need to do so, you can make the change in your Manager Settings area for a license or your Account Notifications page for an individual.
- When do I have to switch?
You have until August of 2015 to update to the new VT on your own. If you haven't updated by that time, we will make the change for you.